Monday, December 17, 2012

Back From Bunni's House, The Sweetest Bunni Hutch In The World!

Yes, Bunni is as pretty as Ann Margret
I return home with my head held high because I have a closer relationship with a wonderful friend named Bunni.

And I return home with my heart dragging low, because Bunni is gravely ill.

On the bright side, Bunni is a beautiful woman, physically beautiful, with long red hair, clear pale skin, bright intelligent eyes and chiseled cheekbones.  She would still have a girlish figure, too, if her stomach were not heavy and distended with tumors. I hope the doctors can clear up the leg infection that leaves one foot redder and more swollen/painful than the other.

I expected to have the opportunity to help Bunni by getting things for her in the house and maybe even cleaning her house. Ha! Did she show me! Bunni is a consummate hostess.  Her house was already immaculately clean when I arrived. She then waited on me, bringing delicious hot tea while I lounged on her comfortable couch. And Bunni is a wonderful cook. She made a gourmet omelet for breakfast. I teased her that if she takes such good care of guests, she would have bloggers lined up down the sidewalk!

Kitteh kept an eye on me too, accompanying me around the house, and keeping watch over me as I fell asleep. After she saw me settled for the night, she went to Bunni to keep her company.

I sure wish I lived closer.

Bunni, I can't thank you enough for your fabulous hospitality and for your kind and supportive words. You are a true friend.

14 comments:

Juan Doe said...

All the very best wishes to the beautiful and talented Amazing Bunni.

Old NFO said...

Thank you for taking the time, And I'm sure Bunni appreciated the visit. Our thoughts and prayers go out for her.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I wish I could have gone too. I've been around you, Opie, and I know you brightened a few days for Bunni. We all thank you.

Euripides said...

Bless you for helping a friend in need. The world lacks too much in personal compassion and in real friendship.

The Conservative Lady said...

Opie, I agree with Euripides. God Bless you for your compassion and friendship for Bunni.

Barking Spider said...

Hi, Opie, thanks for visiting our friend, Bunni - when I talked to her on Sunday night, she told me that you two had a really nice girlie evening on Saturday.

Kid said...

Yes, good to know Bunni had your company.

And it's always been obvious that Bunni is a Class Act.

Fradgan said...

You're a class act, Opie. I'm sure that a visit from you was a loving and warm experience for Bunni. Bunni (and you) remain in my prayers. - NG

WoFat said...

Best wishes Bunni.

Amusing Bunni said...

Hi Opus! Thank you for your kind words in this beautiful post. I'm happy you enjoyed yourself, and it was a pleasure having you over. It wasn't that hard for me to make tea and cook a few eggs! I wish I had been peppier and able to get around faster and stuff, but I just try to do as much as I can and keep somewhat active. Having you over took my mind off my pains and troubles, and I know Kitteh enjoyed meeting a new friend too.

It was so nice getting out and visiting the restaurants, and even helping me shop at the store.
I hope you can visit again soon, while I'm still able to get around and such.

You are a great friend and very beautiful too. Thank you for coming out and brightening up my Christmas Season. God Bless you. Love, Bunni, and Kitteh says meows and visit again soon.

Teresa said...

God Bless both you and Bunni. May God's healing touch come upon Bunni.

sig94 said...

Prayers help but I'm sure there are many of us who wish we lived closer to Bunni. Take care dear.

Amusing Bunni said...

I wrote a Christmas Post, and linked you, Opus.
Also, Sig, I wish many more of you lived closer, we could have some egg nog and visit.

God Bless you all and Merry Christmas Blessings!

Red said...

You rock for making the trip to see Bunni and Kittehkins ;-) Wish I could give Bunni a hug around neck and scrath Kittehkins and spend time with the goodness that is Bunni. I am making a trip to LA to see my sister's sweet face and my precocious nephew. It will do my heart good. Love to Bunni and blessings to you both. You are a good friend Opus and I wish more folks were like you.