Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Waiting Place...Dr. Seuss


The Waiting Place…
…for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a
Yes or a No or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for
Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.
more here....
Did I tell you I hate waiting?

12 comments:

LL said...

"Patience is a virtue,
Catch it if you can,
You'll find it in a woman,
But NEVER in a man..."

Rousseau wrote, "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

Red said...

Reverse that in my situation. Husband is the slow fuse whereas I am the firecracker.

WoFat said...

Depends on who you're waiting with.

Kid said...

I'm waiting for something. :)

Desman said...

Do you like queueing?

Opus #6 said...

Desman, I like the word "queueing" because it is so very British. In America, we "line up". Or rather, we generally do not enjoy "lining up".

Opus #6 said...

Kid, I hope you get that really soon. None of us are getting any younger, ya know?

Opus #6 said...

Nice quotes, LL. Food for thought.

Opus #6 said...

Red, with a name like "Red" I always assumed there was something of the firecracker about you.

Opus #6 said...

Wo, indubitably.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I'll bet you hate waiting.

Teresa said...

I can't stand waiting either, Opie. Especially not in doctors offices.