Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001

I got my kids dressed and drove them to school that morning as usual. Everything was so much as usual on that deceptively beautiful day. After the kids got out of the car, I turned on the car radio to listen to a local music station, but the disk jockeys were talking about Armageddon. They said smoke covered New York City and it seemed to take them forever to explain what had happened for listeners that just tuned in. I drove straight home and remained glued to my television for hours.

Multiple attacks.
It was on purpose.
Those bastards.

This past Friday there was a Patriot Day ceremony at the flag pole of my kids' elementary school. Is that what we are calling it now? Patriot Day? The ceremony involved a local Cub Scout pack, who assisted with the American Flag and led patriotic songs.

Refrain:
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died
And gave that right to me
And I'll gladly stand up next to you
And defend her still today
For there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.
###

12 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Our Ruler wants us to call it "Kiss a Muzloon Day". NEVER FORGET!

Mark Adams said...

May gods compassion and loving touch be with those who died 10 years ago today on 9-11-2001, and with their families, friends and with all Americans, and that we shall be victorious in our retaliation to destroy the evil who rained hell upon America.
May justice be swift upon Bin Laden successors.

Matt said...

I have to say, it's impressive that anything patriotic was even allowed.

LL said...

Patriot Day works for me. "Service Day" where we honor community organizers does not.

WoFat said...

"Remember when . . ." lasts forever.

fuzzys dad said...

Seeing the Twin Towers fall shocked and angered me.

The Conservative Lady said...

LL has a point. "Service Day" is Obama's answer to 9/11. Too bad it took a horrible act like the 9/11 attacks to bring the country together. We must never forget.

Amusing Bunni said...

We had a clear day, much like today, 10 years ago too, Opus.

I'm surprised the school system did anything patriotic. I'll take Patriot day over service any day too!

Kid said...

Yea, I cannot stand people who disrespect the murder(not the death) of 300 people on 9-11 by muslims in favor of offending someone. Offend away. I'm quite ready to offend.

We know that millions if not billions of muslims stood and cheered when the buildings fell.

I've read stories all over the internet about people testifying to hearing large groups of muslims in America near to them cheering loudly when the buildings fell.

This isn't over. Not by any stretch of the imagination. And it's not a criminal act as this administration wants to frame it. It is a war, prosecuted in the same manner as every other war by muslims on the rest of society.

To hell with bloomberg and to hell with these dust bunnies for brains milquetoast PC morons that paradoxically want to celebrate a 'religion' that follows No Manner of acceptable human rights. This society is severely damaged.

Trestin said...

I don't like the Patriot Day thing, it sounds too much like the Patriot Act.

Teresa said...

We have many angels watching over us today due to the evil Islamofascists who took 3000 innocents lives that day.

Obama wants 9/11 to be a day of service. He dishonors those who lost their lives that day by purposely subverting what 9/11 is all about.

God Bless America!

Z said...

GAD...if you hadn't posted at geeeZ and I hadn't come over here now, I'd have completely forgotten I'm starting my WEE AMERICANS class at the local preschool again tomorrow! I have to prepare!
Three years ago, I taught them the Lee Greenwood song; intending only to get the 4 year olds to at least learn the refrain...they learned the WHOLE SONG just from my playing the whole CD so they'd hear the refrain, imagine!?..and I can't sing or read the lyrics to this day without getting teary eyed at the "I'll gladly stand up.." because I taught those little cuties to pump the air with their right arm , straight up, when they sang that, and brother did they! They performed it at their 'graduation' for their folks and families and it was the sweetest thing!
Glad to see the kids got to sing at your school!!!NOW, WHAT AM I GOING TO TEACH THEM TOMORROW? :-)
xx