Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Can there be too much togetherness?

As a mommy of a recently potty-trained three-year-old, this picture from a Kentucky bathroom via twitpic (thank you @imacifi) makes me laugh. I guess it's a good idea. I'm remembering when he and I were bundled up at the ski resort recently and he needed to use the potty. What is a momma to do? I think I might like to see a little privacy divider, though, if I were designing this bathroom. I particularly like the mini flush potties. They have a couple of these at the childcare area of the synagogue and the boys always felt so big being able to use a "real" potty without help.

What do you think?

14 comments:

innominatus said...

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down, oops, I mean, please build some kind of wall between..."

The_Kid said...

I like the ones that are out on the street, with the one way glass. Link

LL said...

They don't have to be used AT THE SAME TIME...

I think it's a good idea if you have a little one who needs his/her own throne.

Proof said...

The family that poops together, shoots hoops together?

Just a conservative girl said...

yeah, a little bit. But, a wall would be kinda weird too.

Opus #6 said...

JACG, exactly. Weird and wacky is the tag to file this one under.

Opus #6 said...

Proof, LOL! That's it!

Opus #6 said...

Kid, that glass potty makes me highly uncomfortable. It certainly is remarkable.

Opus #6 said...

Inno, Mr. Gorbachev could be a lot of help here, lol.

Opus #6 said...

LL, it would be an extravagance in a home. But funny.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I use the one on the left with some regularity.

Cindy said...

Privacy? I think having little kids means you forfeit any right to it!

Teresa said...

It does seem weird. If they added a wall between the two thrones then it would be good.

el chupacabra said...

The public bathroom at Zac's daycare has one of those little toilets- it seems a looooooong way down there.