Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm Clueless About Brittany Murphy

In the news today: Brittany Murphy's 39-year-old husband found dead in the master bedroom of his home, under circumstances similar to when 32-year-old Brittany Murphy was found dead 5 months ago. Huh? Brittany Murphy (the gal on the right) is dead??? Oh. This is sad. I remember how my daughter and I enjoyed watching this movie together.
TMZ reports that multiple sources say her condition was"preventable". The L.A. County Coroner also believes her condition was treatable but she did not receive the proper medical care in time. The main cause of her death was her pneumonia and severe anemia, with the multiple drugs found in her system "pushing her over the edge". The drugs found in her system include prescription as well as over-the-counter medications. One of the prescription drugs found were pre-menstrual medication for cramps, as well as over-the-counter cough syrup.
More at the examiner.

10 comments:

LL said...

When you cocktail over the counter drugs, prescription drugs and street drugs -- you die.

Red said...

They said there were no street drugs in her system; that she died because she was medicating with OTC meds when she needed to go back to a doctor for pneumonia.

Opus #6 said...

LL, that is a recurring theme in the death of young people.

Opus #6 said...

Red, the prescription drugs were of a Vicodin-sort. I read a little deeper into TMZ and they said she was getting a lot of those pills. Under many different aliases at a number of different pharmacies. So sad that the drugs can mask pneumonia to the point where one does not seek care in time. :-(

bluepitbull said...

Hey, vicodin is bad news. Just look how bad Greg House's life was for a while.

WoFat said...

It's always a shame when stupidity kills somebody.

Just a conservative girl said...

It is very odd that her husband died of "natural causes" so shortly after her. Especially when you consider how young they were.

I don't know much about her either. I guess she is a little off my radar due to my age!!

Opus #6 said...

JACG, I am not aware of a cause of death on the husband. Maybe the official cause of death takes more time to determine?

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I know the feeling, Opus. And how often do you see people and think, "oh! I thought they were dead." I get that one all the time (recently with Sam Donaldson's appearance on some talk show this weekend. I really thought he'd died.). I wonder if this is a getting older thing? I remember when Heath Ledger died, and I couldn't place him (I didn't see that gay cowboy movie, but I had seen A Knight's Tale and Brothers Grimm, still couldn't place him until I saw a photo).

Opus #6 said...

Fuzzy, it is just so not cool when young people die. :-(