Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Praying For Bruno--Updated


Bruno Paulista, my sons' jujitsu instructor, has suffered a car accident while on a visit to Brazil. According to another jujitsu mom he just woke up from a medically-induced coma at a hospital in Brazil (from last Thursday to today, which is Tuesday) and has injuries to his face, head and neck. He had been forced off a mountain road and fell into a ravine at Morro De Lagoa in his hometown of Florianopolis in Southern Brazil. Please pray for his swift and full recovery.

Update: I was at the dojo today (April 29th) with my boys and the word is:

*Bruno's trachea was injured in the accident and he has difficulty speaking because of that.
*He had some brain swelling but they relieved that and he now recognizes people and remembers us in America.
*He has extensive stitches across his nose and eyebrows.
*He will be in Brazil for some weeks recovering. He is still in the hospital.
*A lot of Bruno's friends and associates are pitching in at the dojo here to keep the classes going.
*There are numerous poster boards in the dojo with get-well wishes from the children and families. We miss him and hope he will get well soon.


13 comments:

DeanO said...

Thank you for sharing your prayer request. I pray for a full recovery and God's grace

Velcro said...

I certainly will.

Chicago Ray said...

:(consider it done.

Soloman said...

I will say a prayer for him.

Opus #6 said...

DeanO, Velcro, Ray, Soloman, thank you.

I love being Right said...

Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery. :)

Snarky Basterd said...

Prayers said, Opie.

The_Kid said...

Done.

Good thought also for you Bruno Paulista.

darlin said...

What a horrible accident, I shall pray for Bruno as well.

Teresa said...

I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for a speedy recovery :)

Camila said...

Hi, everyone.
I´m Bruno´s cousin and I´d like to thank you all for your prayers.
I just talked with him the phone and he is doing better each day.
The doctors are evaluating the possibility of having him operated tomorrow or early next week. They need to rebuild his brow bone and prepare the supporting structure of his left eye so that it can be normally opened.
Please keep praying for his full recovery, ok?

God bless you all,

Camila

Opus #6 said...

Thank you, Camila. I will copy your comment into a new post today so that people will see this.

Opus #6 said...

Here is the updated post:

Bruno Paulista Will Have Facial Reconstructive Surgery