Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dump Mark Kirk--Hillbuzz

I don't know much about local Illinois politics. But I must confess to having a soft spot in my heart for the reforming liberal bloggers at Hillbuzz, especially after they wrote a piece apologizing to and thanking the Bushes. These gay men now are having trouble finding dates because they refuse to hide their fondness of Sarah Palin. I am moved by this, so much so that I put them on blogroll. Their disappointment at Hillary's loss in the primary in 2008 has morphed into something...interesting. Hence the name "Hillbuzz", they started out as Hillary supporters.

I notice their story today is about wishing the Republicans had a strong candidate in the Illinois Senate race. I know some of you bloggers over there. Can you tell me what is going on?

We really and truly do wish — with all of our hearts — that Sarah Palin would get involved in the Illinois Senate race, on the side of Patrick Hughes, and push Mark Kirk under so that someone who can win the general election will be the Republican nominee.

We have said this again and again, but Mark Kirk will not win the general election — leaving us with Senator Giannoulias…this will send Alexi Giannoulias, scion of the mob-bankers Giannoulias family to the Senate. It’s like giving Tony Soprano’s accountant a ticket to Washington, and carte blanche to cook up all sorts of revolting pork projects for the mob back home....

Why do we care about this race?

Because this is for Roland Burris’ Senate seat. We are supporters of Burris, and we do not like the way the Democrats treated him. That makes us inclined to see to it Democrats learn a lesson by watching that seat go to a Republican. We also don’t like Giannoulias because his family runs the mob’s bank. Call us old-fashioned, but the mob’s bankers should not be Senators, in our opinion. We also don’t like Giannoulias on a personal level: he’s rude, crass, a giant windbag, and close personal friends with Dr. Utopia. The two of them often played basketball together, and who knows what else they got up to. Giannoulias is more of the Chicago machine that’s in Washington right now. Dr. Utopia would be delighted to have him in the Senate.

Therefore, every one of you out there should want to make sure that does not happen.

We do not think Kirk has what it takes to win. He is not a fighter, no matter how many times he tells you he was in the military. He is dishonest, wimpy, and vascillates more on issues than John Kerry. Kirk was for Cap & Trade before he was against it. He was against the Iraq surge before he was for it. Add in everything that’s coming out in his divorce, and you’ve got Jack Ryan level embarrassments with a tinge of Larry Craig and Charlie Crist thrown in as well.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I find it interesting that they support Burris, particularly since he's whored himself out to ACORN (just like EVERY Democrat in Illinois).
Anyway, I had a post on my blog about Kirk after his pro Cap and Trade vote, and made it clear that there was NO WAY he would get my vote.
He has backed away from the Cap and Trade vote a lot, after being blasted by Conservatives. He's anti- gun, anti- military, and now claims to care about fiscal responsibility. It's just more lip service to get votes...I'm not buying it, and neither are other Conservatives I know in this area.

Again...there's no way he'll get my vote.
I'd rather have Liberal in office who's upfront about it (Giannoulias), than a Liberal who pretends to be Conservative to get elected.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I would like it better if they wanted to vote for someone because they agreed with them ... oh well let's take anyway we can get it.

Bungalow Bill said...

Mark Kirk is a cap and trader. Bad news. I agree, it's sad to see what Illinois will end up offering.

Just a conservative girl said...

Kirk needs to go down. He voted for cap and tax. He is one of the people who only pretends to be conservative when it suits him for election purposes. He is on my hit list of people that the RNC should refuse to fund. I have written letters to Michael Steele about him. Not that he listens to me, but it makes me feel better.

Opus #6 said...

Jessica, that's just it. These guys are interesting. I don't agree with everything they say, but I admire how they have the guts to admit when they are wrong. And I like how they abhor the vicious attacks against Hilary and Palin, labeling it as misogynist. I think that is a fair call. And so rare for anybody on the left to mention it.

Opus #6 said...

Odie, I'd like them better if they were conservatives, but they are not. ;-)

Opus #6 said...

Bill, isn't there still time to get a conservative into that race?

Opus #6 said...

JACG, well, if you are against Kirk, that clinches it.

WoFat said...

Truth is not a favored liberal pass time.

Amusing Bunni said...

Kirk is a Jerk, He's a RINO and we all wrote about how he was going down cause of cap n trade. I've seen these Hillbuzz guys's blog, it is a good one.
We can all see now that Hillary would have better than obozo.

Alexi G. might think he's going to win, but I think maybe not. Although, besides his big crook banking ties, he's a union hack, Anti-Gun, Pro illegal aliens, on and on...he sucks! I will be employing my secret tactic that I have told no one - well, what the heck, no one knows my real name..hee hee.

I always vote in the primaries, and declare as a democrat first! That way, I vote for the one I think would have the best chance of loosing in the general election. So, I will be voting for ANYONE but Alexi. Then he'll be out of there...and we'll see what the Rep's put up there.

I have to do it this way in Chicago, because it is so heavily dem controlled. I don't know, maybe if they get some good people in the Rep. primaries, I might change this tradition, but as of now, I don't see any.

Teresa said...

I am kind of surprised that they like Sarah Palin. But, that is so cool! I am going to have to add them to my blogroll too. I must visit their site more often. WE must encourage them and help them to understand conservative principles.