Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I went to a town hall tonight, have VIDEO!!!


Can I tell you that I LOVE my congressman???? Truly, he is an awesome representative. The people I sat next to had vetted him as well, not just looking at his website, but searching other websites for his REAL voting record. They found nothing that a conservative could object to. And he spoke lovingly about his wife, who sat in the first row, a cancer survivor.

I sat in the 3rd row. Thanks to a lovely lady who moved her purse for me as I begged for a seat up close. This was great because I was hoping to make high quality You Tube videos and I DID.

This is the first one. Rep. Gary Miller, R-CA, spoke at the Nixon Library tonight to a largely conservative crowd. Out of 500 people, there were maybe 40 liberals, in my estimation. Of course, this is Orange County, CA, and we have a reputation for conservatism.

These are some of Rep. Miller's opening remarks. I will be putting up more videos of the people who asked questions and his responses, so look for more EXCLUSIVE footage.

8 comments:

The Keeper Of Odd Knowledge (KOOK) said...

Superb! Thanks. See we really do not need the MSM much anymore.
Thanks for being great.

LL said...

It goes to show that all those in the halls of Congress don't need to be replaced.

Thanks for the video and the MAInfo

Soloman said...

What a great experience for you! Did I hear him correctly, something to the effect of Pelosi only giving 48hrs to read a bill before voting? It was kinda difficult to hear, I'd love to know the details.

Great posts and thank you!

Opus #6 said...

KOOK, thanks for popping in. We are all partners in this blogosphere. Citizen Journalists.

Opus #6 said...

LL, I know. I want term limits for everybody except congressman Miller!

Opus #6 said...

Sol, I think that is what he said. The Republicans are being shuffled to the side and excluded at almost every turn in Washington these days. Dark days for our country.

Cany said...

I think the problem is that only about 23% of people ID with the GOP nationwide, though locally higher.

Well... the dems won... so of course they control.

As for the Blue Dogs, why don't we recruit them to the GOP... I mean doesn't the GOP really have a lot to offer them? They certainly are not dems.

Opus #6 said...

Cany, it is nice to see you, a liberal Democrat, on my site. Thank you for your opinion. I disagree about the 23%. There have been mass "conversions" in recent months, thanks to the out-of-control radicalism of Obama and his legislative supporters and the MSM. And yes, the Dems WON in late 2008. Put over the top by MODERATE voters who hoped for a MODERATE president. A post racial president. They got something much worse and more frightening.

I was struck, last night, by how polite Rep. Miller was to the Democrat constituents in the room. But I think I get it now. Rep. Miller insists that he represents ALL of the people in his district, and wants to hear from all of them. In fact, he wants to help solve the health care problems in our system. Just not by junking the entire system, which is the envy of the world. I agree with him.

I am grateful to the Blue Dogs for allowing more time to debate this issue. Rushing forward on something that will cause a government takeover of 16% of our nation's economy, especially in times of economic crisis is foolhardy. I am so glad that some Democrat legislators realize that they represent ALL of their constituents. Not just the radically liberal ones.