Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez

"A U.S. Army Reserve major from Florida scheduled to report for deployment to Afghanistan within days has had his military orders revoked after he argued that he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his legitimacy for office.

His attorney, Orly Taitz, confirmed to WND the military has rescinded his impending deployment orders.

"We won! We won before we even arrived," she said with excitement. "It means that the military has nothing to show for Obama. It means that the military has directly responded by saying Obama is illegitimate – and they cannot fight it. Therefore, they are revoking the order!"

She continued, "They just said, 'Order revoked.' No explanation. No reasons – just revoked."

A hearing on the questions raised by Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, an engineer who told WND he wants to serve his country in Afghanistan, was scheduled for July 16 at 9:30 a.m." More at WND.

11 comments:

Nickie Goomba said...

Do the expression "sweep it under the rug" mean anything to you?

Opus #6 said...

Yep. Wouldn't want to go to court. Too many checks and balances.

chupacabra said...

He is the President and I think we need to accept this and get over ourselves sometimes. The argument here seems pretty weak and if the good major was any kind of soldier I think the fact his orders were rescinded might be evidence of many thing but, a victory? The administration silenced a critic who was about to placed in a position for having a very effective voice after voicing publicly concerns about presidentil legitimacy, the majors unit lost leadership and since he is an engineer the Afghan people lost the benefits he'd bring to their country.
I'm sorry I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Who won here?

Nickie Goomba said...

Chup...

America lost.

CI-Roller Dude said...

Wow...and silly me "volunteered" to go to Iraq.

Opus #6 said...

Chup, like Nickie said, America lost.

But don't you think this is a bit suspicious? Do you have any questions at all about Obama's legitimacy?

Opus #6 said...

Roller Dude, I believe Bush was a red-blooded American, so you served under a legitimate president. No problem there.

And thank you for your service. It really is much appreciated by me and most patriotic Americans.

CI-Roller Dude said...

Yeah,,,, but you know what?
I have a secret to tell...
I wasn't born in the USA either.
However, both of my parents were US citizens and my dad was in the Air Force overseas.

Can I be elected President of the US?

Opus #6 said...

Roller, Luv ya, man, but you're too liberal for me. I probably won't vote for you for prez. Nickie, though, is another story. ;-)

CI-Roller Dude said...

What am I? I think we should have health care for all US citizens (the key words are "US") All citizens should keep and bear arms....(if I was Prez, I'd require everyone to have at least 2 guns in their home)
Try to talk to all countries about peace, and blow the shit out of anybody who attacks us.
If anybody wants to come to the US, then they have to work. If they're born in the US, they need to work--- I'm tired of whinners saying they're disabled and can't work. I've had a screwed up back for years and deployed twice and go to work everyday. if they have an injury, they can work a desk job.
Republicans are too focused on our Prez, the problem is Fenistein and Poloski. I'd never run for any office, I think all politicians are corrupt in some way or other.
Am I liberal?

Opus #6 said...

Alright then, you're too moderate for me, lol.

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."--George Orwell.

US citizens have health care. Anybody can go to the county hospital and get free care. You have to wait, but you can get care. Obama wants to make everybody's care as sh***y as that. I disagree with the program.